Senior Care Assistant – Westbank Care Home, Borough Green, Kent
|Senior Care Assistant – Westbank Care Home, Borough Green, Kent|
|Part time and full time|
Are you an experienced, committed, and caring Care Assistant looking for a step up? or your next role with more responsibility? If you want to work locally, with hours to suit you, making a real difference to people’s lives, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking professional and passionate Senior Care Assistants to join our friendly and supportive team, at Westbank Care Home, in Borough Green, Kent.
For this role we are offering:
- Day and night shifts available
- Full time day contracts and part time night contract on offerÂ
- Ongoing support with training and development
- An identified career pathway
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Uniform provided
- To undertake a wide range of duties in support of the Team Leader in a given work area, which will ensure that a high standard of care is received by all residents at all times.
- To only undertake delegated duties, which are within, assessed competencies.
- To provide support to the Team Leader as required.
- To support the Team Leader in preparing and implementing procedures as directed.
- To provide the agreed level of support to residents as defined in their care plan.
- To supervise a group of care assistants as agreed with the Team Leader.
- To act as mentor to new care assistants as delegated by the Team Leader.
- To assist in obtaining, transmitting and storing information relative to the delivery of care whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- To co-operate with and gain an understanding of the professional role of other members of the team.
- To liaise with residents relatives as appropriate.
- To assist in the planning and monitoring of resident care.
- Maintain appearance and behaviour befitting a member of the care team.
- Demonstrate his/her skills, giving guidance and support to other care assistants.
- Ensure that rights of residents are recognised and acknowledged at all times.
- To work under the direction of the Team Leader/Home Manager at all times.
- To assist in the implementation of residents planned care.
- Practice effective communication.
- To be aware of the Health and Safety requirements and to act appropriately.
- Have a working knowledge of policies and procedures relating to fire, accidents and untoward incidents, attending mandatory training as required.
- Take prompt, relevant action regarding all accidents and untoward incidents. Participate where appropriate in official investigations.
- Take reasonable care of patientsâ€™ property and valuables according to Company policy.
- Maintain an awareness of and adhere to all relevant policies within the Company.
- Remain up-to-date with changing practices and make full use of training and educational facilities which are relevant for self-development.
- Have joint responsibility with Team Leader/Home Manager for own development.
- Participate in initial training programmes.
- Record keeping as directed
- Act as Mentor to new carers
- When appropriate act as liaison with residents/relatives
- Represent other carers at meetings
- Stock taking and ordering
- Assist with care assistant induction programme and Core Training Programme
Why join us?
Westbank care home is elegantly styled which provides beautiful open plan living accommodation for all of our residents. The home provides excellent care for up to 40 older people who are living with dementia, or who require residential care or nursing care.
Westbank is proud of its Good CQC rating and is working towards achieving an Outstanding in the next inspection. If you are motivated by the above and would like to be part of a great team, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information or to apply, please complete the attached form below. We look forward in hearing form you.