Senior Care Assistant – Kenwood, Finchley
|Senior Care Assistant – Kenwood, Finchley|
Are you looking to work locally, with hours to suit you? are you a care assistant looking for a step up?
We are seeking a Senior Care Assistant to join our friendly team, at Kenwood Care Home, in Finchley, London.Kenwood Care Home is approximately ten minutes walk from West Finchley station and 7.2 miles from Enfield town.
For this role we are offering:
- Day shifts
- 48 hour contracts on offer
- Ongoing support with training and development
- An identified career pathway
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata)
- Uniform provided
- To undertake a wide range of duties in support of the Team Leader in a given work area, which will ensure that a high standard of care is received by all residents at all times.
- To only undertake delegated duties, which are within, assessed competencies.
- To provide support to the Team Leader as required.
- To support the Team Leader in preparing and implementing procedures as directed.
- To provide the agreed level of support to residents as defined in their care plan.
- To supervise a group of care assistants as agreed with the Team Leader.
- To act as mentor to new care assistants as delegated by the Team Leader.
- To assist in obtaining, transmitting and storing information relative to the delivery of care whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- To co-operate with and gain an understanding of the professional role of other members of the team.
- To liaise with residents relatives as appropriate.
- To assist in the planning and monitoring of resident care.
- Maintain appearance and behaviour befitting a member of the care team.
- Demonstrate his/her skills, giving guidance and support to other care assistants.
- Ensure that rights of residents are recognised and acknowledged at all times.
- To work under the direction of the Team Leader/Home Manager at all times.
- To assist in the implementation of residents planned care. Practice effective communication.
- To be aware of the Health and Safety requirements and to act appropriately.
- Have a working knowledge of policies and procedures relating to fire, accidents and untoward incidents, attending mandatory training as required.
- Take prompt, relevant action regarding all accidents and untoward incidents. Participate where appropriate in official investigations.
- Take reasonable care of patients’ property and valuables according to Company policy.
- Maintain an awareness of and adhere to all relevant policies within the Company.
- Remain up-to-date with changing practices and make full use of training and educational facilities which are relevant for self-development.
- Have joint responsibility with Team Leader/Home Manager for own development.
- Participate in initial training programmes.
- Record keeping as directed
- Act as Mentor to new carers
- When appropriate act as liaison with residents/relatives
- Represent other carers at meetings
- Stock taking and ordering
- Assist with care assistant induction programme and Core Training Programme
Why join us?
Kenwood Care Home is a charming converted Victorian home for up to 32 older people who require residential care or who are living with dementia. Led by a caring friendly team, alongside comfortable living accommodation, en suite facilities, conservatory leading to a well tended garden, so you’ll really feel at home.
At New Century Care you’ll have quality time to spend with our residents, ensuring you can give truly personalised care.
If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home, then we’d love to hear from you.
For more information or to apply please complete the form below, we look forward in hearing from you.