Maintenance Person – Aden Mount, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
|Maintenance Person – Aden Mount, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire|
We are seeking an enthusiastic maintenance person to join our friendly team at Aden Mount in Huddersfield, West YorkshireÂ
The Maintenance Person will ensure the premises and grounds are maintained to a high standard and provide the residents with a safe, comfortable and pleasant environment in which to live.
For this role we are offering:
- 40 hour contract on offer
- Ongoing support with training and development
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Uniform provided
Role responsibilities include:
- To act as a general Concierge for the Home, ensuring that Residents are placed at the centre of everything we do.
- At the commencement of each day; liaise with Nurse-in-charge/Team Leader regarding Residentâ€™s maintenance requirements and check maintenance
- books in the home and carry out repairs as required or contact engineers/service agent where applicable. Ensure that the response to the fault is communicated to and affected Residents and colleagues within the Home.
- Complete all checks as stipulated in the Facilities Manual, on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis as required. To familiarise yourself with the external contractors on-call system and their responsibilities within the home.
- To familiarise yourself with Homes emergency procedures i.e. fire, gas leak.
- Undertake maintenance of specific items of equipment as designated by the Home Manager, maintaining records in accordance with Company Guidelines.
- Undertake basic visual electrical checks on all equipment, i.e. ensuring that all plugs and cables equipment are checked for signs of damage, labelling is legible and correct. Any faults are reported to the Home Manager and Electrical Contractor.
- Ensure that daily/weekly/monthly fire checks are completed which includes the fire alarm system, fire extinguisher, fire doors and sprinkler system recording findings. Ensure the appropriate remedial action is taken (i.e. contact Service Company).
- Maintain all items of equipment and tools in a clean, safe and secure manner.
- Pre-weekend check; lights, electrical, heating, prior to the weekend or Bank holidays.
- To ensure monthly meter readings of gas, electricity and water are submitted to the Administrator/Manager on specified dates.
- To ensure deliveries to the Home are stored and checked as appropriate.
- To ensure all storage areas (excluding kitchen area) are clean and tidy and security is maintained.
- All Internal and external doors, stairwells and pathways are kept clear and that any defects are reported to the Home Manager/Service Contractor.
- Undertake general redecoration works as instructed by the Home Manager.
- Undertake ground maintenance, keeping the grass cut, shrubs, bushes and hedges pruned and the site generally weed free.
- Where applicable, liaise with any grounds-maintenance contractors.
- Where appropriate plant specific items to enhance the appearance of the grounds.
- To participate in Resident activity, including their use of the external grounds, raised planting and watering/feeding of planted areas.
- Advise on specific areas of planting and general gardening maintenance.
- Use and maintain the equipment provided in a safe and secure manner.
- Ensure that all deficiencies in security and safety are reported to the Home Manager and relevant contractor.
- To be aware of maintaining residentâ€™s privacy and to communicate with nursing staff should works be required which will affect resident care.
- To liaise with the Home Manager at least once a week to discuss maintenance issues, re-decoration etc.
- To contribute towards Resident transport requirements when and where necessary and as directed by the Home Manager.
- Where necessary and under the direction of the Home Manager, participate in the collation of key performance indicator data and evidence.
Why Work for us
Aden Mount Care Home, just next to our sister Home, Aden View Care Home, is situated in a quiet residential area, with well-maintained grounds with seating areas. Our professional and fully-trained team are able to support up to 45 individuals who require residential, nursing care, or who are living with dementia.
If you’re looking to work locally with hours to suit and think this is right for you – we would love to hear from you.
For more information, or to apply, please complete the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!