Laundry Assistant – Aaron House, Penicuik, Edinburgh
|Laundry Assistant – Aaron House, Penicuik, Edinburgh|
We are seeking an experienced and hard working Laundry Assistant to join our friendly team at Aaron House Care home, which is based in Penicuik, Edinburgh.
For this role we are offering:
- 20 hour contract
- Ongoing support with training and development
- An identified career pathway
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Uniform provided
- Ensure compliance with Guidelines for Laundry and Infection Control.
- When working in the laundry Infection Control measures must be complied with at all times, gloves and aprons must be worn for loading dirty/soiled linen into machines.
- Ensure cuts are covered with suitable plaster/dressing.
- Infected/soiled linen to be collected and laundered in Red Alginate bags.
- Ensure pockets have been checked to avoid unwanted items going through the laundry process.
- Ensure familiarisation with Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that Infection Control & Prevention policy, regulations and guidelines are adhered to.
- All breakages and breakdowns to be reported to the Home Manager or Person-in-Charge immediately to ensure any necessary action can be taken.
- Any clothing repairs to be undertaken or reported to Keyworker or family.
- Check clothing is marked with Residents name to avoid loss or wrongly placed items.
If you have experience and are interested in applying, please submit your CV. We look forward in hearing from you.
For more information or to apply please complete the form below.