Kitchen Assistant – Aaron House, Peniciuk
|Kitchen Assistant – Aaron House, Peniciuk|
We are seeking a hard working Kitchen Assistant to join our friendly team, at Aaron House, in Peniciuk, Edinburgh. You’ll be supporting a Chef, and the Head Chef in the running and maintaining of the kitchen, of this wonderful care home.
For this role we are offering:
- Part time 18-30 hours
- Ongoing support
- 28 days annual leave including bank holiday (pro rata)Â
- Uniform provided
- To ensure familiarisation with company policies and procedures.
- To ensure C.O.S.H.H. requirements are met at all times.
- To wash up with respect for all equipment particularly that which can be easily broken.
- To ensure all equipment is maintained and in working order.
- To adhere strictly to the kitchen cleaning rota.
- To ensure kitchen floor and work surfaces are thoroughly disinfected daily.
- To ensure dishwasher cleaning schedule is adhered to.
- To carry out all tasks allocated by Chef/Cook efficiently.
- To ensure that tea trolley is set up and ready for use throughout the day.
- Where applicable to wipe all bedroom tables thoroughly when collecting food trays.
- To empty bins regularly and dispose of waste bags into appropriate containers for collection.
- To ensure all condiment containers are filled and cleaned weekly.
- To ensure tables are laid in dining room.
- To ensure trays of hot or cold drinks with biscuits is made and delivered to visitors/relatives as required.
Why join us?
Aaron House Care Home is a grand, converted mansion house, located in beautiful, spacious grounds, in a quiet rural area of Penicuik, Edinburgh. The home is supported by a friendly and committed team, fully trained in providing care for older people who require residential, nursing, or who are living with dementia.Â
If you want to develop, we will support you. If you require flexibility, we will always try and help. If you want to make a successful career in care, we can offer you guidance, experience and advice, including help with supporting qualifications.
For more information, or to apply for this job, please complete the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.