Head Chef – Sycamore, Ripon
|Head Chef – Sycamore, Ripon|
We are seeking a creative and enthusiastic Head Chef to join our friendly team at Sycamore Care Home in Ripon, North Yorkshire.
If you are looking for a challenge and a step up in your career, we would love to hear from you.
For this role we are offering:
- 35 hour contract on offer
- Ongoing support with training and development
- An identified career pathway
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Uniform provided
- To implement and supervise all aspects of kitchen control e.g. menus, hygiene, health and safety, staff, cleaning and waste control.
- To identify and recruit all grades of staff under your control within the agreed guidelines.
- To supervise and develop staff using the available company resources, to maximise their potential.
- To order catering consumables from current nominated suppliers in line with Company
- Purchasing policy.
- To have full understanding of H.A.C.C.P, to ensure all staff adhere to H.A.C.C.P and all documentation are completed and sighed are by the appropriate members of staff
- To complete monthly audits for kitchen reporting any finding to home manager
- To prepare menus for the nursing home taking into account the content, balance, colour and nutritional values, inline with agreed budget.
- To consult with residents on a regular basis to ensure that their needs and choices are being met.
- To prepare special diets for residents as directed by the nursing staff.
- To maintain the agreed stock levels of food.
- To implement and maintain an agreed deep cleaning schedule for the kitchen.
- To carry out stock takes at the end of each month.
- To implement four weekly rota.
- To work within agreed budget guidelines on staff costs and consumables and to co-operate in any action necessary so as to keep to budget.
- To assist in the preparation of function menus and costing.
- To co-operate with requests from the Home Manager and residents wherever possible.
- To attend resident/relative meetings whenever possible.
- To carry out staff supervision adhering to home policies.
- To complete all staff personal development reviews.
Why join us?
Led by a team of friendly, supportive professionals, with comfortable and homely accommodation, Sycamore Hall Care Home is a safe and happy place to live. We specialise in providing expert nursing and residential care, or for people living with dementia.
We are committed to delivering only the highest standards of individual care¬ with dignity and respect. If you want to develop, we will support you. If you require flexibility, we will always try and help.¬†we can offer you guidance, experience and advice, including help with supporting qualifications.
If you would like to apply for this job, please complete the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!