Cook – Buxton Lodge, Caterham on the Hill
|Cook – Buxton Lodge, Caterham on the Hill|
We are seeking a professional cook to Join our friendly team at Buxton Lodge Care Home in Caterham on the Hill.
For this role we are offering:
• Part time 20 hours, including weekend work
• Ongoing support with training and development
• 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata)
• Uniform provided
• To control and monitor the progress of assistants and trainees and inform the Head Chef accordingly of any training required.
• To maintain the standard of health and hygiene as instructed by the Head Chef.
• To prepare special diet meals in accordance with instructions from the care staff.
• To ensure a high level of service for all meal times.
• To complete all documentation relating to HACCP.
• To ensure report any defects to equipment to the Home Manager.
• To ensure good quality and portion control.
• Assist Head Chef with four weekly menu planning.
• To carry out all general duties and responsibilities in the absence of the Head Chef.
• To carry out any reasonable duties requested by senior staff that will aid and assist the smooth running of the home.
Why Join us?
Buxton Lodge Care Home is highly regarded in the local area, and rated good on Carehome.co.uk. Our fully trained, dedicated team are committed to providing first rate care for up to 44 older people who require residential or nursing care, or who are living with dementia.
At New Century Care you’ll have quality time to spend with our residents, ensuring you can give truly personalised care. If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home, then we’d love to hear from you.
If you want to develop, we will support you. If you require flexibility, we will always try and help. If you want to make a successful career in care, we can offer you guidance, experience and advice, including help with supporting qualifications.
If you think this job role is for you, we’d love to hear from you.