Clinical Lead Nurse
|Clinical Lead Nurse|
|High View Oast|
We are seeking caring and dedicated Clinical Lead Nurse to join our friendly team at Highview Oast Care home in Canterbury, Kent.
We understand that this is a challenging, demanding but ultimately rewarding role. If you are committed to delivering first rate care to elderly people, whilst maintaining their dignity, independence and individuality, we’d love to hear from you.
For this role we are offering:
• A choice of day and night shifts available
• 42 hour contracts on offer
• On-going support with Training and Development
• 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays
• Uniform provided
- To demonstrate excellent clinical leadership with a sound understanding of change management principles.
- Champion independence and personal choice – develop, review and update care plans to meet our residents changing physical, social and psychological needs.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory ad best practice guidelines – risks are proactively managed and issues identified, investigated and resolved.
- To lead the nursing team in the delivery of safe practice within the Company policies and procedures, professional standards and resource protocols whilst ensuring staff have an understanding of them
- Oversee all aspects of medicine management – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered to our residents.
- To conduct care audits – monitor standards of care and take corrective action where appropriate
- Adhere to the NMC professional code of conduct, investigating and implementing recommendations as required
- Implement and ensure appropriate reporting of incidents affecting residents and staff and the maintaining of legal documentation
- Ensure care complies with professional standards, through educational and clinical audit, to monitor and evaluate care using recognised tools and encourage quality initiatives to enhance care provision
- Act as a supervisor, teacher and mentor to members of the nursing team supporting professional and mandatory development, including Health and Safety issues
- Ensure Care Assistants receive appropriate induction and training in care skills to promote quality care.
- Ensure development and participate in the clinical supervision programme promoting supervision modes for a staff groups, ensuring it becomes a part of the homes’ practice.
- Ensure that self-development needs are addressed and prioritised to meet the requirements of ‘revalidation’ for registration purposes.
- Conduct annual staff appraisals as delegated by the Home Manager
- Promote and develop staff attitudes in order to be professional and supportive to residents, relatives and other staff
- Participate in home meetings, to meet the needs of the role, as and when required
Act as a credible and visible team leader in the clinical care field, and promote corporate image
- Lead the home professionally in the absence of the Home Manager/Deputy Manager as assigned.
- Take an active role in training for the team of nurses, working in conjunction with the training resources of the company to ensure that nursing staff are kept up to date with current practices and research lead developments.
- Take an active role in the development of yourself and others – ensure that the teams skills and knowledge are able to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Advise nursing and ancillary staff regarding ‘revalidation’, in-house and external study days, in liaison with the Home Manager.
- Target training and development appropriately to meet the objectives of the home and fulfil needs identified via the Performance Development Review process, clinical supervision and assessment of practice and evaluating by observation, oral questioning and written response.
Why join us?
Highview Oast care home has a Good rating by the CQC and is committed in providing excellent care for our residents.
At New Century Care you’ll have quality time to spend with our residents, ensuring you can give truly personalised care.If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home and are interested in applying then please apply by submitting your CV.
We would love to hear from you.
For more information, or to apply, please complete the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!