Assistant Chef – Aaron House, Peniciuk
|Assistant Chef – Aaron House, Peniciuk|
We are seeking a creative and enthusiastic Assistant Chef to join our friendly team at Aaron House Care Home in Penicuik, Edinburgh.
For this role we are offering:
- Full time 35 hours on offer
- Ongoing support with training and development
- 28days annual leave including bank holidays(pro rata)
- Uniform provided
Role responsibilities include:
- To control and monitor the progress of assistants and trainees and inform the Head Chef accordingly of any training required.
- To maintain the standard of health and hygiene as instructed by the Head Chef.
- To prepare special diet meals in accordance with instructions from the care staff.
- To ensure a high level of service for all meal times.
- To complete all documentation relating to HACCP.
- To ensure report any defects to equipment to the Home Manager.
- To ensure good quality and portion control.
- Assist Head Chef with four weekly menu planning.
- To carry out all general duties and responsibilities in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To carry out any reasonable duties requested by senior staff that will aid and assist the smooth running of the home.
Why join us?
Aaron House Care Home is a grand, converted mansion house, located in beautiful, spacious grounds, in a quiet rural area of Penicuik, Edinburgh.
The home is supported by a friendly and committed team, fully trained in providing care for older people who require residential, nursing, or who are living with dementia.
For more information, or to apply for this job, please complete the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.