Care Assistant – Briarwood, Eston, Middlesbrough, (Day & Night shift available)
|Care Assistant – Briarwood, Eston, Middlesbrough, (Day & Night shift available)|
Are you looking to work locally, with hours to suit you? Are you caring, personable and trustworthy?
We are seeking Care Assistants to join our friendly team at Briarwood which is located at Eston, Middlesbrough with shopping precinct, supermarkets, health centres, three churches and excellent transport links.
Whether you’re new to care, or have experience but you want to make a real difference to people’s lives, then we’d love to hear from you.
For this role we are offering
- BankÂ hours
- Days and night shift on Offer
- Ongoing support with training and development
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata)
- Uniform provided
- To support each of the residents to remain as active and independent as possible within the constraints of their condition.
- Demonstrate skill and imagination in helping residents deal with everyday difficulties arising from their memory problems or physical health.
- Encourage and support each resident to do as much as possible for themselves in all aspects of daily living, which will include washing, dressing and continence.
- Use initiative and imagination in helping residents succeed at familiar tasks.
- Work flexibly, providing help with physical care as and when necessary to maximise opportunities for the residents to enjoy previous recreational interests, social and religious preferences.
- Respect the residentsâ€™ rights of choice, privacy, and dignity and be sensitive to each persons needs.
- Work together with the team on goals that are directly relevant to daily life of each resident and his or her family members by implementing individualised â€˜active livingâ€™ programmes.
- Demonstrate an ability to build and maintain relationships with people whose understanding is impaired and their families through good communication skills.
- Offer many opportunities each day for residents to engage in situations with personal meaning, a sense of community, choices and fun.
- Take responsibility by following tailored plans of assistance for mobility, communication, social interaction, nutrition and physical care.
- Encourage residents to engage in physical exercises and activities to help increase strength and dexterity.
- Assist residents with their mobility having received training in the use appropriate equipment and will be responsible for the safe and proper use of such equipment.
- Work independently and show initiative at maintaining a stimulating and homely environment for each resident.
- Complete and maintain necessary daily records painting a full picture of social engagement, activities and physical care.
- Assist with serving meals and drinks and feed residents unable to feed themselves.
- Respect rights for privacy and demonstrate high professional standards of propriety in their day-to-day work.
- Understand and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Liaise with other professionals and relatives to achieve the best outcome for each resident.
- Attend training as required to enhance and update their skills and maintain a record of this training
- Maintain a safe environment for other staff, residents and visitors through an awareness of statutory requirements for fire, health and safety and manual handling policies.
- Undertake any other activities which may be deemed necessary by the senior staff in the home
Why join us?
Â At Briarwood Care Home, we are pleased to provide expert residential or nursing care, or for people living with dementia, with comfortable, homely living accommodation for up to 49 people. Located in Eston, Middlesborough, in a quiet residential area, we are close to shops, health centres, local amenities and enjoy well maintained gardens.
Our approach to care is a simple one, to provide the highest standard with the best interests of our residents at heart. We provide a safe and homely atmosphere in all our homes and welcome residents on both a permanent or short stay basis. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a part of this amazing team, and truly make a difference to people’s lives, then we’d love to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this job, please complete the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.