Care Assistant – Aaron House, Penicuik, Edinburgh
|Care Assistant – Aaron House, Penicuik, Edinburgh|
We are seeking Care Assistants to join our friendly team, at Aaron House Care Home in Penicuik Edinburgh, who have a Scottish Vocational Qualification.Â
Whether youâ€™re new to care, or have experience and if you want to make a real difference to peopleâ€™s lives, weâ€™d love to hear from you.
For this role we are offering
- Day shifts available
- Full hours on offer
- Ongoing support with training and development
- An identified career pathway
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Uniform provided
- To support each of the residents to remain as active and independent as possible within the constraints of their condition.
- Demonstrate skill and imagination in helping residents deal with everyday difficulties arising from their memory problems or physical health.
- Encourage and support each resident to do as much as possible for themselves in all aspects of daily living, which will include washing, dressing and continence.
- Use initiative and imagination in helping residents succeed at familiar tasks.
- Work flexibly, providing help with physical care as and when necessary to maximise opportunities for the residents to enjoy previous recreational interests, social and religious preferences.
- Respect the residentsâ€™ rights of choice, privacy, and dignity and be sensitive to each persons needs.
- Work together with the team on goals that are directly relevant to daily life of each resident and his or her family members by implementing individualised â€˜active livingâ€™ programmes.
- Demonstrate an ability to build and maintain relationships with people whose understanding is impaired and their families through good communication skills.
- Offer many opportunities each day for residents to engage in situations with personal meaning, a sense of community, choices and fun.
- Take responsibility by following tailored plans of assistance for mobility, communication, social interaction, nutrition and physical care.
- Encourage residents to engage in physical exercises and activities to help increase strength and dexterity.
- Assist residents with their mobility having received training in the use appropriate equipment and will be responsible for the safe and proper use of such equipment.
- Work independently and show initiative at maintaining a stimulating and homely environment for each resident.
- Complete and maintain necessary daily records painting a full picture of social engagement, activities and physical care.
- Assist with serving meals and drinks and feed residents unable to feed themselves.
- Respect rights for privacy and demonstrate high professional standards of propriety in their day-to-day work.
- Understand and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Liaise with other professionals and relatives to achieve the best outcome for each resident.
- Attend training as required to enhance and update their skills and maintain a record of this training
- Maintain a safe environment for other staff, residents and visitors through an awareness of statutory requirements for fire, health and safety and manual handling policies.
- Undertake any other activities which may be deemed necessary by the senior staff in the home
Why join us?
Aaron House Care home has a good rating by the CQC.
At New Century Care youâ€™ll have quality time to spend with our residents, ensuring you can give truly personalised care. If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyoneâ€™s role in a care home, then weâ€™d love to hear from you.
Personal care can only be given by over 18â€™s only so please do not apply if you under 18 years old.
For more information or to apply, please complete the form below. Look forward in hearing from you.