Care Assistant – Aaron Court, Ellesmere Port
|Care Assistant – Aaron Court, Ellesmere Port|
|Full and part time|
Are you looking for a local job with hours to suit you? If you want a rewarding career, making a difference to people’s lives, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for exceptional people, that believe they have what it takes to be a Care Assistant, to join our fantastic team at Aaron Court Care Home, in Ellesmere Port. Whether you’re new to care, or you already have experience, get in touch today.
For this role we are offering:
- A choice of day or night shifts available
- 0- 36 hour contracts on offer
- Ongoing support with training and development
- An identified career pathway
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Uniform provided
- To support each of the residents to remain as active and independent as possible within the constraints of their condition.
- Demonstrate skill and imagination in helping residents deal with everyday difficulties arising from their memory problems or physical health.
- Encourage and support each resident to do as much as possible for themselves in all aspects of daily living, which will include washing, dressing and continence.
- Use initiative and imagination in helping residents succeed at familiar tasks.
- Work flexibly, providing help with physical care as and when necessary to maximise opportunities for the residents to enjoy previous recreational interests, social and religious preferences.
- Respect the residents’ rights of choice, privacy, and dignity and be sensitive to each persons needs.
- Work together with the team on goals that are directly relevant to daily life of each resident and his or her family members by implementing individualised ‘active living’ programmes.
- Demonstrate an ability to build and maintain relationships with people whose understanding is impaired and their families through good communication skills.
- Offer many opportunities each day for residents to engage in situations with personal meaning, a sense of community, choices and fun.
- Take responsibility by following tailored plans of assistance for mobility, communication, social interaction, nutrition and physical care.
- Encourage residents to engage in physical exercises and activities to help increase strength and dexterity.
- Assist residents with their mobility having received training in the use appropriate equipment and will be responsible for the safe and proper use of such equipment.
- Work independently and show initiative at maintaining a stimulating and homely environment for each resident.
- Complete and maintain necessary daily records painting a full picture of social engagement, activities and physical care.
- Assist with serving meals and drinks and feed residents unable to feed themselves.
- Respect rights for privacy and demonstrate high professional standards of propriety in their day-to-day work.
- Understand and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Liaise with other professionals and relatives to achieve the best outcome for each resident.
- Attend training as required to enhance and update their skills and maintain a record of this training
- Maintain a safe environment for other staff, residents and visitors through an awareness of statutory requirements for fire, health and safety and manual handling policies.
- Undertake any other activities which may be deemed necessary by the senior staff in the home
Why join us?
Aaron Court Care Home, situated in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, provides modern, homely, comfortable and welcoming accommodation for up to 75 older people. Run by a friendly, fully trained team of professionals, we offer care and support.
At New Century Care you’ll have quality time to spend with our residents, ensuring you can give truly personalised care. If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home, then we’d love to hear from you.
If you want to develop, we will support you. If you require flexibility, we will always try and help. If you want to make a successful career in care, we can offer you guidance, experience and advice, including help with supporting qualifications.
For more information, or to apply, please complete the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!