Business Administrator – Aden Court, Moldgreen
|Business Administrator – Aden Court, Moldgreen|
We are seeking a professional and experienced Business Administrator to join our team at Aden Court Care Home in Moldgreen.
For this role we are offering:
- Full time 40 hours
- Ongoing support with training and development
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of the resident admission and discharge process prior to a resident entering or leaving the home. This will incorporate the collation of the signed self-pay contract; obtaining Social Services / CCG purchase orders; collection of deposit and administration fees as applicable
- Submission of accurate invoicing / funding information to the Finance Team in order to raise invoices/credits in a timely and accurate manner
- Liaison with Social Services / CCG / and other funders to ensure that the correct funding is in place prior to the admission of the resident , where applicable
- Liaise with the Finance Operations team, Residents and Next-of-Kin where necessary to assist with the collections of overdue resident fees
- Ensuring the accurate and timely completion of the starters, leavers and amendments process for all employees in the home, including the maintenance of personal data for employees
- Management of home level pay rates in accordance with policy and procedure
- Daily reconciliation of hours recorded via the time and attendance system to the home level rota, including exception management and query resolution. Weekly submission of approved hours to the payroll team
- Ensuring the accurate and timely capture and reporting of agency hours
- Purchasing responsibilities include ordering goods and services, receipting deliveries, and approval of invoices for payment
- Accountable for petty cash and Resident’s personal money including maintenance of accurate records and receipts; deposit and withdrawal of funds from the bank; monthly auditing of records; and safekeeping of funds
- To provide accurate and timely Management Information that is required by the Finance Team for the production of monthly accounts, and weekly statistical reporting.
- Ensure efficient recruitment through planning candidate interviews with the Home Manager and following up on all post offer processes using a recruitment pipeline tracker
- Understand the key legislative and regulatory requirements for working in a care setting
- Maintain accurate and up to date HR files for all employees, ensuring regular checks are in place for DBS/PVG numbers, nursing PIN numbers and any other updates as required by regulation
- Take responsibility for any actions arising from audits completed by support teams such as HR, Operations or Quality, including time driven deadlines for reports
- Ensure the training compliance is accurate and updated on a weekly basis; arranging both e-learning and face to face training with the company provider for all employees
- Meet, greet and welcome all visitors to the Home
- Provide a professional approach on the phone and in person with all enquirers to the Home, the families of residents, residents and staff alike
- Manage all financial and HR enquiries in a timely manner, ensuring internal reporting deadlines are met
- Ensure that all resident sales enquiries are appropriately handled, logged and communicated to the Home Manager
- Provide support to the manager by maintaining a list of ongoing customer contacts and monitoring & formally recording all enquiry follow-up calls and solutions
- Ensure all communication notice boards are up to date, display accurate information and are tidy and professional at all times
- Maintain confidentiality around all matters relating to residents and staff
- Maintaining accurate resident and colleague records including next of kin and emergency contact details
Why join us?
At New Century Care you’ll have quality time to spend with our residents, ensuring you can give truly personalised care. If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home, then we’d love to hear from you.
We recognise that our residents are unique and respect that everyone needs their own space and time. We encourage and support everyone to participate in the varied activities and events that are organised in all our homes. Whether it’s just chatting in the living areas or gardens with friends and family, enjoying live entertainment or actively baking, getting creative with arts and crafts, but each activity programme is centred around the individuals interests and hobbies.
If you want to develop, we will support you. If you require flexibility, we will always try and help. If you want to make a successful career in care, we can offer you guidance, experience and advice, including help with supporting qualifications.