Activities Coordinator – Westbank, Borough Green, Kent
|Activities Coordinator – Westbank, Borough Green, Kent|
Do you want to make a real difference to people’s lives? Are you organised and personable? If so, we would love to hear from you! We are seeking a responsive, respectful and energetic Activities Coordinator to join our team.
This role involves planning person-centred events and activities for elderly residents living at Westbank Care Home. Ideally we are looking for someone who has experience working with older people, in a similar environment. Passion and creativity is a must.
For this role we are offering:
- Day shifts and weekend hours available
- 30 hour contracts on offer
- Ongoing support with training and development
- An identified career pathway
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Uniform provided
- To maintain a stimulating programme of leisure pursuits and social events for both groups of residents and on an individual basis.
- Produce a weekly social events programme and ensure that it is advertised within the home.
- To ensure that the social care plan for each resident is in place within three weeks of the date of admission and reviewed regularly.
- To consult with and assess each resident in order to identify their social and recreational requirements according to their likes, dislikes, abilities and needs.
- To organise social and recreational events within and without the home.
- To assess on a regular basis the effectiveness of the programme of social events and recreational pursuits.
- To liaise and consult with relatives and other staff within the home when writing social care plans.
- To assess and evaluate social care plans on a monthly basis.
- To assist and support residents at meal times ensuring that the appropriate equipment is available and that the ambience is conducive to a relaxed environment.
- To liaise with the senior person in charge on a daily basis.
- To involve residents in social events organised by the local community and encourage community groups to have involvement in the life of the home.
- To ensure the spiritual and worship needs of residents are met.
- To build and maintain a suitable stock of social events and hobby equipment such as: craft materials, board games, jigsaws, cards, needlework, paints, etc.
- To provide inspiration resources and ideas to care staff for group and one to one social events.
- To maintain standards of infection control within the home and to assist residents to maintain their own infection control needs.
- To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required by the Company in order to fulfil your duties.
- To attend appropriate training courses and/or programmes to enhance personal and professional knowledge and skills.
Why join us?
At New Century Care you’ll have quality time to spend with our residents, ensuring you can give truly personalised care. If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home, then we’d love to hear from you.
We recognise that our residents are unique and respect that everyone needs their own space and time. We encourage and support everyone to participate in the varied activities and events that are organised in all our homes. Whether it’s just chatting in the living areas or gardens with friends and family, enjoying live entertainment or actively baking, getting creative with arts and crafts, but each activity programme is centred around the individuals interests and hobbies.
If you are interested in applying, we would love to hear from you.
To apply please complete the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!