The Oaks, Colchester
The Oaks Care Home has just undergone an exciting transformation. Now completely refurbished, and with a new manager, The Oaks offers a modern ‘home from home’ feel.
Home from home
The Oaks is spacious and welcoming. Bedrooms are clean, cosy and comfortable, beautifully decorated with the opportunity for you to create a personal space, while communal areas such as the lounge, open-plan dining room offer the perfect place to entertain visitors or to meet people and make new friends.
The Oaks is surrounded by large gardens and well manicured lawns, which were created by award winning gardener, author and lecturer, Beth Chatto. The gardens can be enjoyed all year round by our residents and their family and friends. In addition to the main garden, The Oaks has an extensive area of decking offering a focus to outside life for BBQ's, fetes, parties and access to personal gardening if wished.
- Beautifully refurbished accommodation
- Close proximity to the popular town of Colchester
- Great transport links
- Laundry service
- Regular visits from the local hairdresser, chiropodist, dentist, optician and other professionals
- Wide range of activities, on a daily basis, including Bingo, Hoi, craft activities, dominoes, armchair exercises, local community and entertainer visits
- Opportunity to dress your room yourself
- Superb chefs providing a healthy and varied diet
- Well-established gardens, with patio areas and seating, designed by Beth Chatto
- Pets by arrangement
- Single rooms, most en-suite
- Phone and TV points in own room
- Cinema room
Life at The Oaks
There are activities every day at The Oaks. You can take part in arts/crafts, dominoes, entertainer and community visits, if you're keen to get involved, but of course there's no compulsion to join in – the key thing is to live the life you want to, so whether you're an outgoing people person, or prefer a quiet hour with a book or watching TV, there's always something for you to enjoy.
We care about your well-being, understanding that everyone is unique, and will make sure you are supported, whatever your needs. Whether you are highly-independent or require specialised care, our experienced and well-trained staff will be there to provide appropriate and prompt support.
We care about your safety and sense of security too. Every room includes safety features, including smoke detectors and a call system in all bedrooms, bathrooms and lounge areas for you to call staff in an emergency.
Situated just outside of the historic town of Colchester, with easy access to the A12 dual carriageway and mainline station. There are excellent bus routes running to Colchester town and Chelmsford, as well as the Tollgate Retail Park at Stanway, with a wide range of shops and restaurants including a Sainsbury's superstore.
Our Promise and our values
- Our home is your home – you should expect to be treated with dignity and respect at all times
- You can enjoy independence and privacy, but have access to a lively community
- You will receive appropriate, prompt, professional and person-centred care to suit your needs
- We will ensure you are safe and secure, within a clean, well-kept environment
- We will always act with integrity, listen to your needs and learn from you
- Your family and friends will always be made to feel welcome whenever they visit
- We will provide a supportive and friendly atmosphere, where you can live the life you choose
Please recommend us on carehome.co.uk, CLICK HERE; where you can also view our previous recommendations.
Manager: Louise Baxter
Tel: 01206 764 469
Fax: 01206 764 468
15-25 Oaks Drive, Lexden, Colchester, CO3 3PR